We currently accept payment via:
• Cash in US$
• Travelers Checks in US$
Conditions / Procedure when paying with Creditcard
1. All credit card transactions has to be processed in the local currency, South African Rand (ZAR).
2. The exchange rate of First National Bank (FNB) South Africa as published to Kirabo Game Lodge twice daily via e-mail will be used to convert US$ to ZAR. The exchange rates are published at 9am and 4pm on valid business days. (Click here to subscribe to this service.)
3. The “Bank Selling Rate”, in other words the same rate that the bank would have used to sell the local currency (ZAR) to you will be used.
4. Note: Although the credit card transaction will be processed on the same day, there is no guarantee that the same exchange rate will be used by your credit card provider. Variations in the US$ amount to appear on your credit card statement should thus be expected.
5. It is advisable to check with your credit card provider that transactions from South Africa can be cleared before you leave your country of origin. Some card providers by default does not allow transactions form foreign countries but this can normally be cleared with a single telephone call.